Thursday, June 21, 2012

Zombie Apocalypse of the Mind: On Allies

Nothing should be selected with out calculation unless time requires you to make assessments based upon instinct. This is verily what Clausewitz meant when he spoke of a generals instinct.  Those that surround you will be a factor that impacts the condition of your cognitive environment. They must be selected carefully.

A quote was mentioned to me the other day;


"In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if they don't have the first, the other two will kill you."

— Warren Buffet
CEO, Berkshire Hathawa

This is a perfect example of calculating the value of your allies.  The fact is people are not out to play nice with you. That lesson really hit home during the time when I got to know the Vancouver activist community.  My last hope of finding a righteous community, a noble community, dashed before my very eyes. Nothing but toxicity and betrayal. Just like the Liberals, Conservatives, NDP (New Democratic Party) and even our very own Canadian Forces. Don't get me wrong, I met some great people in these organizations. These things have made me who I am today. My goal was to find just groups. Truth be told, I turned up mostly over worked bitter trapped organizations/people.

Thousands of people treading water looking for a life preserver. Compromise upon compromise leads to a hungry ghost. The 餓鬼 èguǐ, those poor souls doomed to seek a life where there stomach can never be filled. To furiously reach for food but to never nourish.  We live in a zombie apocalypses of the mind. What the Right Honourable Warren Buffet is saying, is don't trust smart fast zombies. They are there to eat. It does not matter who you are or even where you are. If they are hungry and you look good, they you are going to regarded you as highly as food.



No comments:

Post a Comment